Restaurant.com Reveals Top Dining Trends and Top 25 Most Popular Restaurants Across the Country
Arlington Heights, Illinois (December 21, 2012) – With millions of customers and 18,000 restaurant partners nationwide, Restaurant.com is the ultimate resource when it comes to determining what average Americans crave. From comfort food and quick-service bites to an ongoing fondness for steak and pizza, 2012 saw Restaurant.com customers steer away from gourmet offerings in favor of familiar eats. The findings are a compilation of data from the popular Restaurant.com site, as well as feedback from diners through Restaurant.com’s Verified Diner Ratings and Reviews.
Top Dining Trends
· Craving Comfort Food: American cuisine was the most searched for option this year, followed by Italian, steak and Mexican. Diners looked for comfort food above gourmet meals this year: Sushi was the 9th most popular cuisine, while French fell to 13th and contemporary cuisine ranked 15th.
· Quick-Serve Spots on the Rise: Busy diners enjoyed using Restaurant.com certificates at quick-serve spots in 2012. Restaurants listed under Dessert, Deli/Sandwich/Soup/Salad, Coffee/Tea/Bakery and Pizza all spiked in popularity.
· Top-Rated Restaurants Are Not Just on the Coasts
Though it’s often said that the best dining in the U.S. is on the coasts, the 25 most popular Restaurant.com restaurants in 2012 came from 15 different states. In fact, no New York restaurants made the top 25 list. From a Utah steak house to a Greek restaurant in the Chicago suburbs and Mexican spots in Texas and Arizona, tastes cover a wide range.
The 25 Most Popular Restaurant.com Restaurants of 2012* are:
- Carlstadt, NJ – 4.5 out of 5 stars
- West DeptFord, NJ – 4.5 out of 5 stars
- Lake Buena Vista, FL – 4.2 out of 5 stars
– Cohasset, MA - 4.4 out of 5 stars
The top 25 Restaurant.com restaurant list was calculated based upon search data, certificates purchased, tenure on the program and Restaurant.com’s Verified Diner Ratings and Reviews.